Frequently asked questions about our senior living community.
Is there an entry fee, or buy in?
An entry fee is a large, lump-sum payment made to a community upon move-in to cover costs associated with the residence, comprehensive services and amenities, and future long-term care. Typically, this sum is partially refundable to an individual or their estate after residency ends. Highpoint at Cape Coral instead operates as a rental senior living community, providing all the above but without requiring a large upfront entry fee or long-term contract. Highpoint at Cape Coral is the area’s only rental retirement community offering a continuum of care.
Which utilities are included?
All utilities including cable and WiFi in each residence (except telephone).
How does onsite care at Highpoint benefit me and my loved one?
Residents here know they’ll have access to quality services and first-class amenities to accommodate both their current and future lifestyle, preferences and needs. With priority access to our on-site assisted living, memory care and other support services, you don’t have to worry about healthcare needs down the road.
What services are included in the monthly fee?
- Flexible, all-day dining with chef-prepared meals in a variety of venues
- All maintenance provided, both inside each residence and across the community
- Utilities including cable and WiFi in each residence (except telephone)
- 12-hour concierge staffing
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Scheduled transportation to medical appointments, shopping and off-site recreational outings
- Beautiful landscaped grounds
- Wellness and health promotion programs
- On-site activities, social events and parties
- Use of all common areas and amenities
- A wide variety of cultural, social, recreational, and educational activities and events
- Close proximity to shopping, dining, cultural activities and community events
What does Highpoint at Cape Coral offer that's different than my current residence?
At Highpoint, you’ll always be surrounded by a community of support and a close-knit group of neighbors and friends. With an abundance of opportunities to get involved and convenient access to so many amenities, residents can share in experiences and socialize with other seniors instead of feeling isolated at home. Plus, our dedicated staff caters to residents’ every need and treats them like family.
Are pets allowed?
Many residents consider pets their family members, so yes! No more than two housebroken pets, with a weight limit of 30 pounds each, are allowed in independent living residences. They must be up-to-date on vaccinations and other treatments, and on a leash at all times when not in a resident’s home. Please inquire about additional rules and guidelines.